Warner & Kaine Announce More Than $16.5 Million In Head Start Funding For Virginia
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Today, U.S. Senators Mark Warner and Tim Kaine announced $16,557,883 million in federal grant funding through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) for Head Start programs throughout Virginia.
“We’re pleased to announce funding through the Head Start program to support young children across Virginia,” the Senators said. “The Head Start program is important to ensuring that schools and organizations have the resources they need to support early childhood development.”
The following organizations will receive funding:
- Lynchburg Community Action Group Inc. will receive $3,344,772.
- Eastern Shore AAA/CAA in Exmore will receive $1,932,019.
- People Incorporated of Virginia in Abingdon will receive $4,449,701.
- Buchanan County Head Start in Grundy will receive $1,463,253.
- Clinch Valley Community Action, Inc. in Tazewell will receive $1,665,748.
- Augusta County School Board in Verona will receive $2,257,832.
- Lee County School District in Jonesville will receive $1,444,558.
As Governors and Senators, Warner and Kaine have advocated for investments in early childhood education. Head Start programs promote school readiness for children under 5 years old from low-income families through health, education, family support, and social services.