Skip to content

Help With A Federal Agency

For us to contact any federal agency on your behalf, you must first complete and sign a Privacy Release Form and fax or e-mail it to my office. Once you complete an online Request for Assistance Form below, you’ll be provided with a Privacy Release Form.  If you would like to request tour tickets, please click here.

  • If you need assistance with a federal agency, please use the Help with Federal Agency webform below. Messages received from the webforms will be monitored daily.
  • Please ensure that you are using an accurate and active email address. Email will be our primary form of communication regarding your case. 
  • If you are unable to complete a webform online, please contact my office by phone at (202) 224-4024.
  • You may submit signed Privacy Release Forms to
  • All physical mail must go through a security screening process, which results in longer delivery times.
  • In addition, you may send signed privacy release forms via fax to (202) 228-6363. 

Important Information

My office can help you if:

  • You are a Virginia resident. If you are a resident of another state, please contact your U.S. Senators or U.S. Representative.
  • Your problem is with a federal government agency or program.

What my office can do:

  • Help you communicate with federal agencies.
  • Request information or a status report on your case.
  • Request that an agency consider or reconsider your case.
  • Submit an inquiry with a federal agency on your behalf.
  • Assist with applying for benefits, such as Social Security or Medicare.
  • Help you obtain basic information from a federal agency.

What my office cannot do:

  • Force a federal agency to act in your favor or speed up your case.
  • Provide legal advice or recommend an attorney.
  • Overturn or influence matters involving private businesses.
  • Intervene with state issues. My office cannot overturn or influence matters under the jurisdiction of local or state governments. If your issue involves state or municipal agencies, please contact your state legislators or contact the state agency directly. The Governor of Virginia’s office may also be able to help you with state issues.  Please go to for assistance with state and local issues.  
  • Intervene with judicial issues. My office cannot legally get involved with pending litigation, including questions about criminal trials or imprisonment, child custody issues, deportation proceedings and civil lawsuits. My office cannot overturn or in any way influence a court’s decision.

Which agency are you seeking help with?