Warner & Kaine Announce More Than $17 Million In Head Start Funding For Virginia
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Today, U.S. Senators Mark R. Warner and Tim Kaine announced $17,417,978 in federal grant funding through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) for Head Start programs throughout Virginia.
“The Head Start program plays an important role in helping schools and organizations across the Commonwealth get the resources they need to support young children,” the Senators said. “We’re excited to announce this funding that promotes early childhood development.”
The following organizations will receive funding:
- Stafford County School District will receive $2,604,803.
- Rooftop of Virginia Community Action Program in Galax will receive $2,400,889.
- Southside Training Employment and Placement Services Inc. in Farmville will receive $3,245,314.
- Richmond City Public Schools will receive $7,838,807.
- Williamsburg James City County Community Action Agency Inc. will receive $1,328,165.
As Governors and Senators, Warner and Kaine have advocated for investments in early childhood education. Head Start programs promote school readiness for children under 5 years old from low-income families through health, education, family support, and social services.