Warner & Kaine Applaud More Than $15 Million For Virginia Health Clinics
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Today, U.S. Senators Mark R. Warner and Tim Kaine applauded $15,386,097 in federal funding through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) for five Virginia health clinics. This funding will allow the clinics to provide quality, affordable health care and dental services to individuals in Southwest Virginia and on the Eastern Shore.
“We’re pleased to announce federal funding to ensure these clinics can continue to offer valuable care to their communities,” the Senators said. “The clinics are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for Virginians by ensuring their patients can access the medical, dental, and preventative health services they need.”
The following clinics will receive funding:
- Clinch River Health Services Inc. of Dungannon, VA will receive $1,297,415
- St. Charles Health Council Inc. of Jonesville, VA will receive $4,553,688
- Tri-Area Community Health of Laurel Fork, VA will receive $2,301,604
- Kuumba Community Health & Wellness Center of Roanoke, VA will receive $2,410,299
- Eastern Shore Rural Health System of Onancock, VA will receive $4,823,091
This funding was awarded through HHS’s Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Health Center Cluster Program. More than 27 million people in the U.S. rely on HRSA-funded health centers for affordable primary health care.